Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

So I just to had to give a shout out to my hubby, his dad, and my dad and thank them for being great fathers, even if it is almost a week late. There are so many people that don't get good dads, and I'm lucky enough to have at least 3 of them in my life.

My husband is the best dad. He loves his kids so much and helps me with them whenever he can. He definitely is not just a baby daddy, but really is involved with and loves his kids. I hear these women complain about how their husbands don't even know how to give their children baths and I think to myself how lucky I am. He is the father I always wanted for my children.


I'm glad we're an eternal family.

My father-in-law is also a great dad. He helped to raise 5 great boys, 4 of whom have served missions or are serving missions and 2 of whom have gotten married in the temple to wonderful, amazing, beautiful women :) (right Kimberly?). He is a man of God and won't compromise on his covenants and personal standards. He has like 5 church callings, no kidding, and is a faithful servant of the lord. I am grateful he raised me a good man. And he tells some awesome lawyer jokes. :)

My dad is a wonderful man as well. To be honest, growing up I didn't really understand or appreciate him very much. He is pretty private and went through hard times with his first marriage, which I think made him more guarded, even with his own family. But he loves his girls, yes all 6 of them, fiercely. And I know that he has a testimony of the Gospel. He lives it daily. I am thankful that he hung on through those hard years and that he taught us girls simple truths that will stand the test of time. He is a great man and I love him. Plus, he has the oddest sense of humor, which I think is hilarious. What a stud! Look at that smile!

(BTW--That's my dad's mom and grandma in this picture, which makes my great grandma and my children's great great grandma! Shabam! I skyped with her the other day, not sure if she knew what was going on, and she told me, "I'm 96 years old." She's so cute. We share the same b-day. July 31st. It's also Harry Potter's b-day. Pretty awesome.)

So Happy Father's Day to all the men and daddy's in my life. I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Ricki said...

This is sweet. Sounds like you have some good papas in your family. :)

Laura said...

I love your little family. I can't believe Josh is a father of two (I can believe you're a mother of two though). Must be a maturity thing :)

Page said...

Hey Ciera, just posted a link to those flowers on my blog. I've made a lot of different kinds of flower and these are my favorite, I think.

Your kids are adorable!!

Mindy said...

I didn't know you had your second. How fun! Two littles is so fun and so busy. We have a new family blog...
busybliss.blogspot.com

Thanks for being such a kind, friendly, fun person!
-Mindy Van De Graaff