Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fourth of July

So for the Fourth of July this year we were in WA still. It was actually the one day I was glad it was overcast there because otherwise it would have been too hot. I know, I know. I can't believe I'm saying it either. :) We went down to the waterfront and did the Freedom Fest with Josh's family. They got a room at the Silver Cloud Inn the night before so we took the kids and hung out there for most of the day. We were supposed to stay for the fireworks, but since the kids missed their naps they were disasters and I wasn't feeling so hot from all of the extremely healthy fried food that we partook of earlier in the day. So we decided to head home about 6 and just do our own little fireworks at home. It was a great day though and a nice way to close out our time in WA. We love the Freedom Fest and I'm sad that we'll probably be missing it for the next few years. The kids loved the airplane show and walking around to see all of the cool booths and things. There was even a pole vaulting tournament going on, random, that was soo cool to watch. I would definitely cause some serious damage trying to do that, both to myself and the audience members. :) haha We were all glad to go to sleep that night. :)