Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Birthday

For my 25th birthday we didn't do anything too out of the ordinary. Josh gave me a kiss in the morning and told me happy birthday and then hurried off to work. The kids were pretty good all day, we went and did a little birthday shopping, but being a mom is always a lot of work and part of me wished I could have the day to myself. But I an so grateful to have little babes who always want to be with me and who love me unconditionally. They are my happiness and I was grateful to spend the day with them. Then we all went out to El Azteca, a pretty good mexican restaurant out here. We got fried ice cream as our dessert, my FAVORITE! If you've never had it, go out and get it right now! Mother, this means you! ;0)

While we were eating Josh kept telling me to hurry up and that we had to get home because he had another surprise waiting for me. I told him it was my day and that I wanted to eat my ice cream! I was feeling a little bummed because I really a bike and trailer for the kids, but here in WA it just isn't practical. Someday. So I was really trying to enjoy my dessert. But he was so cute and excited so we go the ice cream in a little to go bag and hurried home.

Since we had driven separate cars Josh got home ahead of us. So we pulled up and I got out to help with the kids and Josh came out of the apartment to help me. Then he tells me to go ahead and go inside with the ice cream. So I get to the front door and it was locked. Josh had just come out of there and he knew I was coming inside so I started getting snippy with him, "Why would you lock the door when you knew I was going to go inside?" Blah blah blah. Then I open the door and there was people in my apartment with pantyhose on their faces yelling, "Surprise! Happy birthday! We're here to kidnap you!" Well holy crap. I wasn't expected that.

My awesome friends decided to kidnap me and take me out for more dessert for my b-day. It was great. I didn't even think anyone remembered, so the fact that they did and took the time and effort to take me out really meant a lot. Krista, Rachel, Kelli, and Kim, thanks so much for the birthday fun! It was truly a great day and I am one blessed girl. :) And to those who called and texted, it meant the world. You know who you are.

I know I'm hott. Sombrero's really bring out my eyes. 

P.S. In case you were wondering, my birthday is the same day as Harry Potter's. That's right, permission to be jealous granted.